**This webpage is work in progress. More details to be presented soon...**
Runaway electron generation in plasmas is a phenomenon that is rich in basic physics and has also great practical importance. It is a candidate mechanism for electron acceleration in solar flares, it is frequently observed in electric discharges associated with thunderstorms, and it occurs also in tokamak disruptions, when the
plasma current is forced to change too quickly and a large electric field is induced. In tokamaks, runaways may damage plasma facing components due to their highly localized energy deposition. The potential for detrimental effects increases with plasma current. Therefore, understanding the processes that may eliminate runaway beam
formation is very important for future reactor-scale tokamaks with high currents, such as ITER.
The aim of the meeting is to make progress in the modelling of runaway electron dynamics, with a particular focus to runaways in tokamak disruptions. This is the 10th edition of the Runaway Electron Modelling (REM) workshop and is open for **all interested researchers**. In keeping with REM tradition, a large fraction of each day will be reserved for group discussions and time to work with collaborators.
**The meeting takes place at [IPP Garching](https://www.ipp.mpg.de/32581/anfahrt_gar):**
- Boltzmannstr. 2, 85748 Garching b. M., Germany
- Mon-Fri we are in building D2 (see map below)
- You will need to show a government issued photo ID to enter IPP
- **When you arrive at IPP, tell the security personnel that you are participating in the REM (they have a participant list and will let you in)**
- [Meeting location in Openstreetmaps](https://osm.org/go/0JBkp11dO--?m=)
- In case of questions, please [send an e-mail](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the secretaries (+49 89 3299 1209).
- We will offer options for remote participation.
If you experience any technical issues with the conference registration or website, don't hesitate to contact Mathias Hoppe (see contact details below).
Everybody is asked to book their hotel rooms individually. There are several options in Garching and München.
We have 10 rooms at Hoyacker Hof. The codeword is: "REM-Meeting"
For a 10% discount at Marias Inn, book through the homepage and in the remarks indicate the name of the meeting.
The rooms can be cancelled until May 2nd at the latest without any fee.